The Fully Funded Studienstiftung Des Deutschen Volkes Fellowship is a research grant opportunity for international students. It is aimed at doctoral candidates working on a dissertation on the history and culture of Central European Judaism. Projects from all epochs, disciplines (e.g. literature, philosophy, history, musicology), and geographical areas (e.g. Europe, America, Israel) are welcome, they all have a connection to German-speaking Judaism.
Join 40k+ other scholarship seekers and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
The eligibility of the Fully Funded Studienstiftung Des Deutschen Volkes Fellowship is stated below:
1. Required Language: English/German
2. Eligible Countries: All world countries.
3. University degree(s) with outstanding marks
4. Date of latest degree not before February 2019
5. Formal qualification for doctoral studies/acceptance on a doctoral program at a recognized university
6. Research project focussing on the history and culture of Central European Jewry
The benefits of the Fully Funded Studienstiftung Des Deutschen Volkes Fellowship are:
1. Fellows receive a stipend of 1,350 € a month.
2. In addition a monthly research allowance of 100 € is available.
3. Fellows can also apply for supplements for health insurance (max. 100 €/month) and childcare, as well as travel allowances, to support research tips and participation at conferences abroad.
4. Contributions to tuition fees outside Germany may also be granted (max. 10,000 €).
5. All funding is provided in accordance with the general regulations issued by the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
2. Cover letter outlining the motivation for participation in the program (1 page)
3. Curriculum vitae with details on education, general interests, and language skills
4. Photocopy of university degree(s), including marks/grading
5. Research proposal (5 pages)
6. Research schedule for the academic year 2024/25, including planned research trips
7. Letter of recommendation by the supervisor of the Ph.D. project
They accept applications by e-mail (as a single pdf document please, the letters of recommendation may be submitted separately) or conventional mail (Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes, Ahrstraße 41, 53175 Bonn, Deutschland). Only complete application sets will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to two video-based interviews in April/May 2024.