Highly motivated students from developing countries are invited to apply for the doctoral Scholarships. This funding program is organized by Ghent University for the academic year 2020/21.
The educational award is open for PhD students from developing countries who wish to carry out half of their PhD research at Ghent University and half in a university in a developing country.
Students receives a bench fee of €310/per month of research in Ghent + €8000 travel budget to cover (part of) the operational costs, as well as part of the travelling costs.
- Eligible Countries: Students from Developing Countries are eligible to apply for this application.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The doctoral students will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates need to come from – and have the nationality of – a developing country
- This funding is only open for students who intend to obtain a (joint ) PhD degree at Ghent University
- The proposals must be jointly submitted by a candidate, a promoter (supervisor) at Ghent University and a supervisor at the partner university.
- No restrictions are imposed on the field of research, nevertheless, preference will be given to topics that are relevant for development.