|Deadline:||15 November 2022|
|Provider:||The University Of British Columbia|
|Study Level:||Bachelor , Masters , PhD , Undergraduate , Postgraduate|
|Funding Types:||Fully Funded Scholarships|
Fully Funded Scholarships at the University of British Columbia consist of the following 4 need-and-merit-based awards:
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
- International Impact Award
- Vantage One Excellence Award
If you’re selected as a UBC International Scholar, you’ll be given one of the above-mentioned awards. Every year, UBC offers approximately 50 scholarships across all four awards.
Fully Funded Scholarships Benefits
The awards will be granted on the basis of exceptional academic achievement, intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement. Students receive their scholarships when they enter Vantage One, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The scholarship totals up to $85,000 payable at up to $25,000 for your first year, and up to $20,000 per year for years 2 to 4.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
Each year, International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering their undergraduate studies at UBC in the Vantage One Program. All Vantage One students are automatically considered for this scholarship when they apply to one of the programs.
Fully Funded Scholarships Eligibility for the Program
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from your first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than one year prior to the academic year you are applying. For example, applicants for 2023 must have graduated from high school no earlier than 2022.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree. (UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards scholarships, totaling a maximum value of $25,000 per year. If this amount does not cover your needs for tuition and basic living expenses, you are eligible to apply for the International Scholars Program.)
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
We will consider you for the Vantage One Excellence Award if:
- All previous eligibility criteria apply, except you must not yet meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC.
- You must meet the UBC Vantage College admission requirements, including the English requirements for Vantage College.
- You must be coming directly from high school
- You must be beginning your undergraduate studies at UBC in the UBC Vantage One Program.