The High Commission of India, Dhaka is pleased to announce that the Government of India is offering funding for BIMSTEC Countries.
The scholarship awards are open for meritorious students from BIMSTEC (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Thailand) countries for pursuing Masters and Doctoral programs at Nalanda University in India.
- The scholarship covers one-time admission fee, tuition fee, hostel accommodation, and contingency allowances;
- The students will be paid a stipend so as to cover meals and other expenditures.
Eligible Countries: International students can apply for this application .
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any Master and Doctoral degree subject offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- For Master’s Program: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior studies with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.2 or above on a 4 point scale or equivalent.
- For Doctoral Program: Applicant should have a Master’s degree with at least 65% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA), preferably with dissertation at Master’s level or M.Phil. Degree with 65% marks or equivalent Grade Point Average;
The international applicants shall present the score of any one of the following English Language Tests / or proof of knowledge of English:-
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language);
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System);
- Any other Standard English test used on the international platform or
- Completed a full-time degree-level course entirely taught and assessed in English.