Do you have a plan to complete your postdoctoral study in the USA? If your answer is yes, then go ahead apply for the African Humanities Program Postdoctoral Fellowship.
This program is available for outstanding candidates from Sub-Saharan Africa who want to want to commence their postdoctoral degree on July 1, 2020.
The program will provide the award amount of $19,000 plus a book and media allowance of $1,000. Fellows are also eligible for additional benefits such as residential stays for writing, manuscript development workshops, and publication support.
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Sub-Saharan are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The postdoctoral degree will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have a masters degree before applying. Proposed projects must be in the humanities, defined by the study of history, language,
and culture, and by qualitative approaches in research. The list of humanities disciplines
includes anthropology, archaeology, studies of the fine and performing arts, history,
linguistics, literature studies, studies of religion, and philosophy.
- Applicants must propose a written scholarly product such as a book manuscript.
- Research and writing under terms of the fellowship award must be undertaken in subSaharan Africa.
- AHP fellowships may not be used for travel outside the continent.
- Applicants must be nationals of a country in sub-Saharan Africa, residing and working in
Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda.
- Applicants may propose either a combination of research and writing or writing only.
They must be able to devote full time to the AHP project throughout the fellowship period.
Applicants must have good English skills (writing, reading, and speaking)