The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective international students the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. VU Amsterdam has committed to providing approximately 1 million euro towards attracting highly motivated and excellent students.
The VUFP scholarship is a tuition fee waiver. VUFP scholarship does not provide any additional allowance towards study or living costs.
- The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a Merit scholarship programme for strongly motivated students with excellent study results.
- Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, and they must be admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree at VU Amsterdam starting per September 2019.
- Students with the Dutch nationality and/or a Dutch degree (given that the Dutch degree is used for admission) are not eligible for admission.
- Students following a one-year Master’s programme may not apply for the VUFP scholarship for a second year.
- Students already enrolled in a two-year Master’s programme who have not been awarded the VUFP scholarship in 2018/2019 are not eligible to apply for the VUFP scholarship 2019/2020.
- Only when a student was granted a scholarship from the beginning, then the scholarship can be extended if he/she achieved 100% of the credits of the first year.
- The Faculty VUFP committee will be asked to demonstrate to the Central VUFP committee that these credits have indeed been achieved.
- The scholarship will only be granted to a student once and is explicitly intended for the Master’s programme for which it has been awarded.