Applications are invited for Icelandic Government Scholarships to pursue language program at the University of Iceland. Approximately 17 opportunities are available for the period from September 1st, 2020 to April 30th, 2021.
- The scholarship covers registration fees at the University and a monthly stipend of approximately ISK 140.000 – that should cover room and board for one person, payable at the beginning of each month, September to April.
- A room will be available for rent in one of the University dormitory, Gamli Garður.
Eligible Countries: Nationals of the following countries are eligible:List of Subjects: Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States of America
Entrance Requirements: The bursaries are intended for students of modern Icelandic. Students must have completed at least one year of University study.
- Students must also have prior knowledge of Icelandic according to the requirements for BA study in Icelandic as a second language (Icelandic knowledge on the level with the courses Icelandic Online 1 and 2).
- Preference will, as a rule, be given to a candidate under 35 years of age. Icelandic as a second language is comprised of both theoretical and practical fields of study.
- On the one hand, it is a language course, where students are trained in speaking, reading and writing modern Icelandic.
- On the other hand, it delves into the more academic aspects of the Icelandic language, literature, and history of Iceland.
- Subjects covered include morphology, syntax, and phonetics of modern Icelandic. The students read both old and modern literature and learn about the history of Iceland from settlement to modern times.
The mode of applying is the post or electronically.
Supporting Documents: An application should include the following documents (in English, Icelandic or other Scandinavian languages):
- University transcripts/copies of diplomas with grades.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors at your University
- Language certificate (English and/or Icelandic)
Language Requirements: Applicants should have knowledge of English and Icelandic language. Students must have completed at least one year of University study. Students must also have prior knowledge of Icelandic according to the requirements for BA study in Icelandic as a second language.Apply Now
Why should you create a Scholarship alert
- Get relevant scholarships directly in your inbox
- Stay updated with latest opportunities
- Be the first one to apply
Why Scholarship Union?
10417+ Scholarships in total
1066+ Newsletter subscribers
and surely lot more scopes and opportunities are coming soon...