Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships 2022-2023 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for masters and PhD. These scholarships will provide 1350€ per month. Additional lump sum payments of 100€ to cover research costs and further health care subsidies are also available.
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships provides the recipient with the following benefits:
For Masters: The monthly basic scholarship consists of 850€ along with a lump sum of 20€. Additional subsidies for health and nursing insurance of no more than 86€ are also available.
For PhD: The doctoral scholarship is largely independent of one’s income and consists of 1350€ per month. Additional lump sum payments of 100€ to cover research costs and further health care subsidies are also available. Scholarship holders can also receive funding to cover stays abroad (for research, attending conferences, etc.).
Euro and German language classes can be sponsored by the organization.
To qualify for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: Good knowledge of English. German language proficiency (B2 level or above)
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. Preference is given to women, students of non-academic and migrant backgrounds, the socially needy, and people with disabilities, with achievement and commitment. Applications from undergraduate and doctoral students from scientific and technical disciplines are actively encouraged, as well as from graduates of technical colleges.
- Applications will be accepted only in German or English language
- MA Students must be enrolled at a state or state-recognized German university
- PhD students must be accepted at a German universit
- Certificate of enrolment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) for the next semester or at least a letter of admission (Zulassung) from a German university. Your enrolment must be documented at the latest by the time the scholarship would start
- Basic knowledge of the German language (further classes can be sponsored by us). At least very good knowledge of the English language
- Activities in social, political and/or community services.
The selection criteria are:
- High scholarly and professional qualifications (proof of above-average academic achievement at school and/or university)
- Political and social engagement in line with the aims of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung
- German language proficiency (B2 level or above).
- Personal/family background
Opportunity Focus Areas: Masters and PhD degrees in any subject, except for Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary medicine
Program Period: For masters, maximum three years, For PhD, maximum four