Each year, to promote higher education in the STEM fields of computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, chemistry and management information systems through financial scholarship awards, AFCEA Washington, DC sponsors STEM scholarships for graduating high school seniors. Since May 1989, AFCEA Washington, DC has awarded 373 scholarships totaling more than $2,400,000 to students from 112 area high schools going to 71 U.S. colleges.
In addition, AFCEA Washington, DC awards science teaching awards and supports McKinley Technical High School in its mission to become a nationally recognized STEM high school.
All students who meet the criteria below are encouraged to apply. We also encourage students whose family members include current members of the military, Veterans, and AFCEA DC chapter members to apply.
AFCEA Washington, DC has awarded 373 scholarships totaling more than $2,400,000 to students from 112 area high schools going to 71 U.S. colleges.
To apply for an AFCEA Washington, DC Chapter scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Resident within Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (See area of selection below)
- High school senior or 2nd year student in a two year Community College
- Acceptance to a U.S. accredited college or university in a four-year, full-time STEM curriculum for computer science, engineering [all], mathematics, physics, chemistry, cybersecurity and management information systems; and Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I)-related fields of study including electrical, computer, chemical, aerospace or systems engineering or electronics
- Winners of full tuition scholarships are not eligible
You must submit the following items with your application:
- Two (2) single page letters of recommendations attesting to student’s qualifications regarding this scholarship
- Copy of student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the Department of Education. Please only provide the one-page FAFSA summary report.
- Summary and statement from Guidance Counselor. Please download, fill out and submit to the online application form.
Selection of applicants will be based on achievements or qualifications in the following areas:
- School activities
- Financial need
- Letters of recommendation
Why should you create a Scholarship alert
- Get relevant scholarships directly in your inbox
- Stay updated with latest opportunities
- Be the first one to apply
Why Scholarship Union?
12903+ Scholarships in total
1352+ Newsletter subscribers
and surely lot more scopes and opportunities are coming soon...