|Deadline:||31 December 2022|
|Study in:||United Kingdom|
|Provider:||University Of Reading|
|Study Level:||PhD , Postgraduate|
|Subjets:||Subjects offered by the university|
|Funding Types:||Partial Scholarships|
The University of Reading’s Department of Meteorology is pleased to announce the Department of Meteorology PhD Scholarships for international and home students. Applications can be made for the academic year 2022-2023.
The University of Reading International Scholarship opportunity is offered exclusively to international and domestic self-funding students who apply for a PhD in Atmosphere, Oceans, and Climate or PhD in Space Weather and Solar-Terrestrial Physics at the Department of Meteorology. The winners will be awarded an annual sum of up to £3,000.
The University of Reading, ranked at 28th place among UK universities and 229th in the world, is a public university in the United Kingdom. It is a strong university internationally committed to addressing global problems through our teaching, research, and partnerships.
The domestic and international PhD candidates selected by the University of Reading will be provided a sum of £1,000 and £3,000 per year. Part-time students may also be considered and will be offered the following:
- Part-time, based at Reading – £500 per year for UK students, £1,500 per year for international students
- Full-time, by distance – £500 per year for UK students, £1,500 per year for international students
- Part-time, by distance – £250 per year for UK students, £750 per year for international students.
- Eligible Countries: All students from across the world can apply for this University of Reading International Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply for PhD in Atmosphere, Oceans and Climate or PhD in Space Weather and Solar-Terrestrial Physics at the Department of Meteorology at the University of Reading.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be self-funding or have a studentship/scholarship that does not provide sufficient funding for the student’s entire tuition fee and their reasonable living costs.
- The applicants must have a formal PhD offer of admission from the University of Reading, including meeting the language requirements specified by the School upon entry.
- The applicants must be starting their PhD study between 1 January 2022 and 31 August 2023.
- How to Apply: Admission applications at Reading must be submitted via its application portal. To apply for the scholarship, in the ‘Scholarships applied for’ box that appears within the Funding Section of the online application, please quote “Reading Department of Meteorology PhD Scholarships” for the application to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Contact details for two academic/professional references
- Statement of purpose
- A copy of your passport (for international students)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have either a 1st or upper 2nd class degree, or a master’s with Distinction or Merit, in physics, mathematics, or a closely related physical or environmental science.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5