The University of Otago Masters Scholarship in New Zealand is open to all nationals. It is for Master’s students who have completed their bachelor’s degree and want to pursue postgraduate studies. The University of Otago offers the Coursework Master’s Scholarship in New Zealand to support outstanding students who wish to pursue coursework master’s degrees at the University of Otago. With this scholarship in New Zealand, students receive funding for their coursework-based Master’s degree, which does not include a full thesis component, although it may include a research report or dissertation.
It is a prestigious opportunity for highly talented individuals to study in New Zealand. Approximately 20 University of Otago Scholarships are available, making it a very competitive scholarship with a limited number of seats. Therefore, students with a strong academic background and qualifications are encouraged to apply for this scholarship in New Zealand 2024. Moreover, the Otago Master’s Scholarship is offered for a year for full-time students enrolled in a coursework master’s degree program. By offering this postgraduate scholarship, the University of Otago attracts talented individuals from diverse backgrounds and provides them with the opportunity to pursue advanced studies in their chosen fields.
The University of Otago Scholarship in New Zealand was initiated by the University Council in 2010 to support high-caliber students intending to enroll in a coursework master’s degree program at the University of Otago. The University is one of the country’s oldest and most prestigious universities, with a rich history and academic excellence.
Join 40k+ other scholarship seekers and never miss out on new tips, tutorials, and more.
The eligibility criteria for the University of Otago Masters Scholarship in New Zealand are stated below:
1. The Otago Master’s Scholarship is open to both local and international students from all over the world.
2. Applicants must intend to study full-time in the first year of a master’s coursework degree program that does not include a thesis.
3. Or opting for the research report or dissertation pathway within a master’s program that also offers a thesis option.
4. Individuals who have previously completed a coursework master’s degree at the University of Otago are not typically eligible for this Master’s Scholarship in New Zealand.
4. Applicants must be enrolled in a coursework Master’s program, excluding the Master of Business Administration (MBA) unless it is solely paper-based. If research is involved, the research paper must be valued at less than 90 points.
5. It is a highly competitive scholarship, and selection depends upon academic achievement and merit.
6. The scholarship is for one year only, providing support for the applicants’ academic activities during this period.
7. All applicants must utilize this New Zealand scholarship within the year it is awarded.
8. The Otago Scholarship does not accommodate part-time study arrangements.
9. Recipients have the flexibility to hold the scholarship alongside other scholarships or awards they may receive, allowing for additional financial support during their studies.
The University of Otago Masters Scholarship in New Zealand will provide:
1. The scholarship provides significant financial coverage of NZ$10,000 towards the fee in the first instance, with any remaining amount to be distributed as a monthly stipend throughout the duration of the scholarship.
2. The scholarship recognizes academic excellence and provides support to deserving students who demonstrate excellent academic achievements.
3. Similarly, by reducing financial constraints, the scholarship enables students to focus on their studies full-time. Hence maximizing their academic potential and opportunities for learning and growth.
4. The Master’s scholarship serves as an incentive for students to pursue coursework master’s degrees at the University of Otago.