The University of California, Berkeley is offering a free online course on English Grammar and Essay Writing. The course is an introduction to academic writing for English Language Learners, focusing on essay development, grammatical correctness, and self-editing.
This course is designed for anyone interested in refining persuasive writing techniques and essay development and preparing for or applying to college. The course will start on July 2, 2019.
- Refine persuasive writing techniques and essay development
- Gain skills for proofreading, self-editing, revision, tone, and vocabulary
- Develop strong English-language writing and communication skills
Maggie Sokolik: Dr. Sokolik received her Ph.D. in applied linguistics from the University of California, Los Angeles. After her Ph.D., she did post-doctoral work in Paris, France, and has been a faculty member at Harvard University, MIT, Texas A&M, and Northern Arizona University.
Students should be proficient enough in English to follow an introductory level university course.
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3-5 hours per week
Price: Free or Add a Verified Certificate for $49 USD
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Self-Paced or Starts on July 2, 2019
The University of California, Berkeley was chartered in 1868, and its flagship campus — envisioned as a “City of Learning” — was established at Berkeley, on San Francisco Bay. Berkeley faculty consists of 1,582 full-time and 500 part-time faculty members dispersed among more than 130 academic departments and more than 80 interdisciplinary research units. Berkeley alumni have received 28 Nobel prizes, and there are eight Nobel Laureates, 32 MacArthur Fellows, and four Pulitzer Prize winners among the current faculty.
About This Course
As part two of the academic writing course series, English Grammar and Essay Writing will focus on:
- Common English grammar errors
- Vocabulary building
Who should take this course?
- Anyone interested in refining persuasive writing techniques and essay development.
- Anyone preparing for or applying to college.
- Anyone proficient enough in English to follow an introductory level course.
- Anyone who is developing English-language writing and communication skills.
Why Take This Course?
This course is an introduction to academic writing for English Language Learners, focusing on essay development, grammatical correctness, and self-editing.
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)
Why should you create a Scholarship alert
- Get relevant scholarships directly in your inbox
- Stay updated with latest opportunities
- Be the first one to apply
Why Scholarship Union?
13029+ Scholarships in total
1377+ Newsletter subscribers
and surely lot more scopes and opportunities are coming soon...