|Deadline:||17 June 2022|
|Study in:||United Kingdom|
|Provider:||The University Of Leicester|
|Study Level:||PhD , Postgraduate|
|Subjets:||Subjects offered by the university|
|Funding Types:||Partial Scholarships|
Get your PhD degree in the UK! Applications are exclusively open for The University of Leicester International Scholarship in Clerics and Domestic Slavery in the Latin West to high-potential overseas students at the University of Leicester.
This doctoral research project examines the relationship between the clergy of the Christian Church and the people enslaved within domestic contexts in the Latin-speaking West.
The University of Leicester was founded in 1957, and it is known all over the world for its international excellence, research that changes the world, and high-quality, inspiring teaching. The university has world-class buildings and a faculty with a lot of experience. It also has a lively and worthwhile environment for studying that prepares students for their future.
This 3-year PhD Studentship provides:
- UK tuition fee waiver
- Annual stipend at UKRI rates (£16,062 for 2022/23)
- International applicants will be required to fund the difference between the UK and International tuition fees (£11,004) for each year of their studies.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible for The University of Leicester International Scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in History.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- The School of History also prefers that applicants hold a Master’s degree (ideally with a Merit grade or better in the Master’s dissertation, or overseas equivalent). Professional experience will be taken into account if the specific grades are not achieved
- How to Apply: To apply for the programme, applicants must take admission to the PhD degree programme at the University of Leicester. After that, you can apply for the scholarship.
- Supporting Documents: Students must have to submit the following:
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Details of any study currently being undertaken
- Personal Statement
- Enter contact details of two academic referees in the boxes provided or upload reference letters if already obtained
- Enter the project title, the name of the project supervisor and the project reference RA15G0516
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to hold a UK Bachelor’s degree with at least a 2:1 in a relevant subject or overseas equivalent.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.