|Deadline:||31 December 2022|
|Study in:||Taiwan , United Kingdom|
|Provider:||The University Of Liverpool Or National Tsing Hua University|
|Study Level:||PhD , Postgraduate|
|Subjets:||Subjects offered by the university|
|Funding Types:||Partial Scholarships|
The University of Liverpool and National Tsing Hua University are pleased to announce the International PhD Scholarships in the Energy Efficient Machine Learning Models Development. The university is accepting applications for the academic year 2022-2023.
This project is a part of a 4-year dual PhD programme between National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) in Taiwan and the University of Liverpool. Students can draw on large-scale national facilities of both countries and create a worldwide network of contacts across two continents. Both the University of Liverpool and NTHU has agreed to waive the tuition fees (worth £25,000 per year for international students in UK or Taiwan.
The University of Liverpool is a public research university based in Liverpool, England. It offers more than 230 first-degree courses across 103 subjects. National Tsing Hua University is a public research university in Hsinchu City, Taiwan, and it is one of Taiwan’s six national research universities. It is consistently ranked among the top three best universities in Taiwan in world university rankings. There are 12 colleges or schools, 26 departments, and 30 graduate institutes affiliated with NTHU.
The University of Liverpool and NTHU have agreed to waive tuition fees worth £25,000 per year for international students for the project. A TWD11 000/month stipend will contribute to living costs (the equivalent of £280 per month). Additional funding could be available for excellent candidates.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligibla for this the Energy Efficient Machine Learning Models Development Scholarships.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in energy-efficient machine learning models offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an International.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the PhD degree programme at the university.
- How to Apply: Admission applications must be submitted via the University of Liverpool online application portal or the NTHU online application portal. The students are encouraged to contact Dr. Anh Nguyen ([email protected]) and Dr. Chun-Yi Lee ([email protected]) with the CV and research proposal. Please use the subject NTHU-UoL PhD Application in your email.
- Supporting Documents: These DNN models have been widely employed in various application domains such as computer vision (CV), self-driving cars, autonomous drones, surveillance cameras, and natural language processing (NLP), and so on. To complete the online application, you’ll need:
- School or college transcripts/ certificates
- University transcripts
- Degree certificates
- Personal statement
- Two references signed and on letter-headed paper (these should be academic references if you have been in full-time education in the last three years)
- Research proposal (may be tested for plagiarism, collusion, and other irregularities).
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant subjects.
- Language Requirement: The students must have knowledge of conversational English at both universities.