|Deadline:||31 May 2020|
|Provider:||Organization For Women In Science For The Developing World|
|Funding Types:||Partial Scholarships|
TWAS in association with OWSD is offering an OWSD PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists to support doctorate (PhD) studies to Women Scientists from Science and Technology Lagging Countries., who are interested in Maths science degrees.
Fields of Study:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
Value of OWSD PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists: Each fellowship will cover the following:
- A monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses such as accommodation and meals while in the host country
- A special allowance to attend international conferences during the period of the fellowship
- A return ticket from the home country to the host institute for the agreed research period
- Visa expenses
- Annual medical insurance contribution
- The opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops, on a competitive basis
- Study fees (including tuition and registration fees) in agreement with the chosen host institute which is also expected to contribute
- Travel expenses to and from the host institute
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Duration of Award: up to four years
Eligibility for the OWSD PhD Fellowships for Women Scientists:
To be eligible, candidates must confirm that they intend to return to their home country as soon as possible after the completion of the fellowship.
The minimum qualification is an MSc degree in one of the above-listed study fields.
How to Apply: The online application system will only accept applications complete in all parts, including the required documents. All documents must be uploaded through the online application system. Do not email any document to OWSD unless requested.