|Deadline:||5 January 2023|
|Study in:||United Kingdom|
|Provider:||University Of Cambridge|
|Study Level:||Masters , PhD , Postgraduate|
|Funding Types:||Fully Funded Scholarships|
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for masters and PhD studies. This scholarship provides £18,744 stipend per annum, health insurance, academic development funding up to £2,000 and family allowance up to £15,612.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program was established in October 2000 with a donation of US$ 210 m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge, the biggest single donation ever made to the UK university.
For 2023 Gates Cambridge will give 80 full-cost scholarships to exceptional candidates from outside the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any topic accessible at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,944 for one child and up to £15,612 for two or more children (2022-23 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties facing the scholar
To qualify for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Academic excellence.
- You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
- A commitment to improving the lives of others.
- A capacity for leadership.
- Applicants must be from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- Apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
- Build up an account on the website.
- Fill in your personal information
- Submit these documents:
- Gates Cambridge Statement: In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words) please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria.
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates reference: In addition to two academic references for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit a reference about their fit with the scholarship.
- Answer the application questions.
- Submit the application