Aalto University is seeking high-achieving doctoral candidates to apply for this funding opportunity in the field of Microbial Physiology for the academic year 2020/21.
The educational award is to attract all international students for taking the doctoral degree program at the university. The main focus of this program is on discovering unique pathways and in particular investigating the metabolic flexibility of nitrogen and carbon cycle microorganisms.
The University will provide the salary plus occupational health benefits to the successful candidates.
- Eligible Countries: International aspirants can apply
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award is available for a doctoral degree program in Microbial Physiology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- MSc in a suitable field, such as microbial physiology, metabolic engineering, genetics, systems biology, biophysics or biochemistry
- Be highly committed to science and strive for excellence
- Develop own smart ideas and think independently
- Be able to focus on solving tough scientific problems
- Have good written and oral communication skills in English
Successful applicants must have an excellent command of Finnish, Swedish or English. Recognized language tests and minimum score requirements IELTS (Academic IELTS only): 6.5, and 5.5 for Writing and TOEFL.