The British Council is offering IELTS scholarships for Sri Lankan students. These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate programmes to study abroad.
This is a scholarship programme aimed at IELTS candidates of the British Council hoping to study abroad. The candidate must have an IELTS overall band score of 6 or above to be eligible to apply.
The British Council will offer one scholarship each, worth £ 3,000, to 5 winners.
Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
Eligible Countries: Sri Lankan students can apply for these scholarships.
- The British Council Scholarship programme is open to all IELTS applicants who have taken the Academic IELTS test (AC) after May 19, 2018, at the British Council or any partner test venues
- The candidate should be a resident and a citizen of Sri Lanka and should be 18 years of age or above.
- This offer is only valid for Sri Lankan students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes overseas.
- The candidate should have an offer from a recognized higher education institute that accepts IELTS as part of its admission criteria, in the country that you declared in the application.
- The higher education institute has to be located in any one of the following countries; the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, United States of America or New Zealand.
- The institution’s academic programme should commence in 2019.
- A valid visa or related documentation for studying in the country of the said education institution must be provided upon the request of the British Council.
English Language Requirements: The candidate must have an IELTS overall band score of 6 or above to be eligible to apply.
Applicants must complete the online application form and upload the below-listed documents using the document upload function in the application form (1 combined PDF file) on or before midnight, 31 July 2019 (GMT +05.30)!
- A copy of the IELTS Test report form
- Copies of academic certificates
- True certified copy of the university offer letter (if applicable)