Applications are invited for ASEM DUO-Belgium/Flanders Scholarship Programme to promote exchanges of students between Belgium/Flanders and 4 Asian countries (China, India, South Korea, and Vietnam) on a balanced and permanent basis for the academic year 2020-2021.
The amount of The grants of ASEM DUO-Belgium/Flanders Scholarship Programme is standardized as follows:
- €650/month (with a maximum of €2.600) for Flemish students and €800/month (with a maximum of €3.200) for Asian students.
- €1.100 for BOTH the Flemish student and the Asian student for the purpose of travel cost.
- An extra €200/month (with a maximum of €800) will be awarded to Flemish students that belong to the underrepresented groups in higher education.
Eligible Countries: Applicants from Belgium/Flanders and 4 Asian countries (China, India, South Korea, and Vietnam) are eligible to apply for the ASEM DUO-Belgium/Flanders Scholarship Programme.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: the award is awarded to take part in an exchange program available to undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled in universities or university colleges in Flanders or one of the four Asian countries.
Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
A higher education institution in Belgium/Flanders (home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) have established an academic cooperative agreement or have the intention to set up a new cooperation agreement.
The Flemish higher education institution, as well as the Asian partner, cannot ask tuition fees to the students for the exchanges.
The Flemish home institution has selected a Flemish student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Asian host institution. A Flemish student is defined as a student from any nationality, subscribed to a Flemish Higher Education Institution.
The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Flemish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Flemish home institution.
If the Flemish student has already started the exchange or the Asian student has already stayed in Belgium/Flanders before the application period for DUO-Belgium/Flanders 2020, the application is not acceptable.
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, all candidates have to submit the online application form that can be found on the ASEM-DUO website.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must have to submit a copy of the cooperation agreement between paired institutions, copy of the passport of paired applicants, copy of a transcript of paired applicants, a motivation letter with a personal and academic motivation of each of the paired applicants, recommendation letter of paired applicants.
- Admission Requirements: To be considered for the program, project proposals for the exchange of students in all disciplines will be accepted. However, priority shall be given to the following disciplines: STEM, Political and social sciences, Economy and Communication Science.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.