Are you Looking scholarships in Japan? There are many fully Funded Scholarships in Japan that include study abroad scholarships in Japan high school also. Today, we have listed down top 6 Fully Funded Scholarships in Japan for International students. This post might be helpful to you.
1. University of Tokyo Global Science Course Scholarship for Transfer Students
Students who are accepted onto the Global Science Course (GSC) Undergraduate Transfer Program will be automatically offered the “School of Science Scholarship for Transfer Students”. This scholarship aims to help students pay for their annual tuition fees and support their living expenses.
- Application Deadline: 7th April
- Number of Awardees: A few
- Value of Scholarship: 150,000 Japanese yen per month
- Duration of Scholarship: Up to two consecutive years
2. Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships for International Students
The Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation awards scholarships to overseas students who aspire to study or conduct research in Japanese universities or graduate schools. Its scholarship fund is supported by the contributions of Rotarians throughout Japan. The Foundation is Japan’s largest private scholarship organization, both in terms of program scale and number of scholarships awarded..
- Application Deadline: 16th October.
- Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship:
- Undergraduates: 100,000 yen per month
- Masters students: 140,000 yen per month
- Doctoral students: 140,000 yen per month
- Only for the first year of the scholarship, a supplemental of 400,000 yen is provided upon arrival in Japan.
Duration of Scholarship: period of study
3. United Nations – Nippon Foundation of Japan Fellowship Program for Developing Countries
The objective of the fellowship is to provide opportunities for advanced education and research in the field of ocean affairs and the law of the sea, and related disciplines including marine science in support of management frameworks, to Government officials and other mid-level professionals from developing States, so that they may obtain the necessary knowledge to assist their countries to formulate comprehensive ocean policy and to implement the legal regime set out in UNCLOS and related instruments.
- Application Deadline: 15th September
- Number of Awards: 10
- Value of Award: Fully-funded. Fellows will receive a stipend in accordance with the cost of living in the country in which he/she will be studying; travel costs and other support.
- Duration of Award: The 9-month Fellowship Program is composed of two consecutive phases which provide Fellows with advanced and customized research and training opportunities in their chosen fields:
4. Government of Japan (MEXT) Scholarships for Research Students
The Japanese Government’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) is offering scholarships to those who are enrolled in a master’s course, a doctoral course, or a professional graduate course at a graduate school, or who are conducting research in a specialized field at an undergraduate department, graduate school, institute attached to a university, etc. without the aim of completing the course, or who are receiving preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects prior to placement at the university, etc. (Excluding the Young Leaders Program(YLP) students or teacher training students.)
- Application Deadline: 5th January. Visit individual country embassies for more information
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Value of Scholarship: Allowance: 143,000yen (Research Students(non-regular students), 144,000yen (regular students in Master’s courses or professional graduate courses), or 145,000yen(regular students in doctoral courses) per month. (In case the recipient research in a designated region, 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added. The monetary amount each year may be subject to change due to budgetary reasons.)
- Transportation to and from Japan
- Tuition and Other Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be borne by the Japanese Government.
- Duration of Scholarship: Period of study
5. Japan Africa Dream Scholarship Programme for African Students
The Japan Africa Scholarship (JADS) Program – capacity building in energy sector through skills development for sustainable development– is a joint initiative by the AfDB and Japan that aims at providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in priority development areas on the continent and abroad (including in Japan). This JADS program is funded by the Government of Japan.
- Application Deadline: Varying by universities (Earliest date 30th April)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Value of Award: The scholarship program provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
6. Africa London Nagasaki (ALN) Scholarship for African Scientists
The scholarship funds a candidate to undertake an MSc in a subject relevant to the control of infectious disease in Africa at either the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan or at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), London, UK. Both residential and distance learning MSc courses are available at LSHTM. Candidates offered a course at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki will be required to reside in Japan for the duration of the course.
- Application Ends: 30th September
- Number of Awards: Four (4)
- Value of Scholarship: Up to a maximum award of US$50,000 each to cover tuition fees, travel, and living expenses
- This content was originally published on After School Africa from https://www.afterschoolafrica.com/40937/20-scholarships-in-japan-for-international-students-fully-funded/
Hope this list of top 6 Fully Funded Scholarships in Japan will be helpful for you.