With the aiming of attracting high impact student, St. Thomas University is awarding scholarships for the brilliant Canadian and international aspirants for the academic year 2020-2021.
The award is available for rewarding first-year students who demonstrate academic excellence and want to pursue the undergraduate degree coursework at the university.
More than half of first-year students hold an entrance scholarship, and one in eight holds a renewable financial aid ranging in value from $9,000 to $75,000. Here are four ways of scholarships work for you:
- Entrance Scholarship Guarantee – Academic Excellence (Canadian): The higher your average, the greater the program’s value:
Average Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4 Total
80-84% $500 $500 $500 $500 $2,000
85-89% $1,000 $1,000 $1,000 $1,000 $4,000
90%+ $2,000 $1,000 $1,000 $1,000 $5,000
- Major Awards – Academic Excellence: renewable financial aid recipients are selected based on academics.
- Student Leaders Scholarships – Leadership: These opportunities are valued at $2,000 annually and are renewable for three years to a total of $8,000.
- Millennium Entrance Bursaries: Bursaries are valued between $500 and $2000.
- Eligible Countries: Seekers from Canada and all around the world
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Bachelor degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this fund, the applicant needs to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Entrance Scholarship Guarantee – Academic Excellence: It is open only for Canadian students. If you are a Canadian applicant with a minimum admission average of 80 per cent, you automatically qualify for a scholarship.
- Major Awards – Academic Excellence: Applicants with a minimum admission average of 90 per cent (or the equivalent for international applicants) can apply. renewable financial aid recipients are selected based on academics: admission average, grade 12 courses, and level of difficulty, rank in graduating class, grade 11 record.
- Student Leaders Scholarships – Leadership: It is designed to attract high-impact student leaders who are a perfect fit for our vibrant community. The selection criteria include a combination of leadership through extracurricular activities, volunteerism, demonstrated a commitment to the benefit of others, minimum admission average of 80 per cent.
- Millennium Entrance Bursaries: It is open to students in financial need entering university for the first time. Bursary candidates should submit a completed bursary application form with supplementary documents through their applicant portal.
All claimants need to meet the English language requirements.