|Deadline:||25 December 2021|
|Provider:||Chalmers University Of Technology|
|Study Level:||Post Doc|
|Funding Types:||Fully Funded Scholarships|
Put your research skills into practice and gain new ones by applying for the International Post Doc in Food Science offered by the Chalmers University of Technology.
The award is accessible for both domestic and international students who will commence in a postdoctoral degree programme at the university for the session 2022-2023. The project aims to find the most suitable yellow pea varieties, farming location, and harvest time for the Swedish pea biorefinery platform.
Benefits for Post Doc in Food Science
The selected students will be given a Full-time temporary employment position for a maximum of two years (1+1) at the Department of Biology and Biological Engineering.
- Eligible Countries for Post Doc in Food Science: Domestic and international students are both eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in Food Science – Plant Proteins
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You must have a doctoral degree in food technology, food chemistry, protein technology, or similar.
- You need experience in working with cereals and/or plant-based ingredients/products.
- Experience in working with plant protein extraction as well as its functionality and flavor compound analysis is meritorious.
- You have the ability to work independently as well as in teams and take responsibility for the progress of the project.
- In equal conditions, female candidates will be given priority in order to enhance gender balance.
- The position requires sound verbal and written communication skills in English. Swedish is not a requirement, but Chalmers offers Swedish courses.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this studentship, candidates must take part in a postdoctoral degree program at the university. After that, applicants must submit the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Personal Letter
- Two references
- Attested copies of completed education, grades and other certificates
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to have a doctoral degree in chemistry, physics, food science, materials science or similar. Knowledge of working in a chemistry lab is a requirement.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have English proficiency equivalent to or above the Swedish upper secondary school English course 6. An internationally recognised English test is accepted.